Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Day 8 - 40 Days For Life

If I did despise the cause of my manservant or of my maidservant, when they contended with me;
What then shall I do when God riseth up? and when he visiteth, what shall I answer him? and did not one fashion us in the womb?
Job 31:13-15

READ MORE @ 40 DAYS FOR LIFE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For decades there have been those who are standing in the gap for the unborn. They have raised their prayers, their voices to the Lord for the unborn. They have petitioned the government on behalf of the unborn. They have spent hours praying and counseling in front of the abortion clinics. They have reached out to parents who were/are considering abortion. They have reached out and offered compassion and counseling for those who are suffering the consequences of abortion. They have worked tirelessly to make us all aware of the danger of abortion. They have worked hard to make alternatives to abortion available.
They have loved much. They have done all as if unto Jesus.
For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger and ye took me in:
Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Then shall the righteous answer him, saying Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, and fed thee: or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Matthew 25: 35-40

There are those who live there lives being good people. People who would not abort a child and profess to be pro-life. But beyond that they do little to save a child or minister to the adults involved in an unwanted pregnancy. They don't seem to get involved at any level. They don't engage their community and sphere of influence in standing for life. They do not write/phone government officials about standing for life. They do not support Crises Pregnancy Centers. They seem to just ignore the problem and perhaps hope that it will just somehow disappear.

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
For I was an hungered, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righeous into life eternal
Matthew 25:41-46


There are those who will say that they didn't know about the reality of abortion. They did not understand that there was truly life in some woman's womb. They will say that they believed it was not their business to inflict their faith upon another.

Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to die;
save them as they stagger to their death
Don't excuse yourself by saying, "Look, we didn't know."
For God understands all hearts, and He sees you.
He who guards your soul knows you knew.
He will repay all people as their actions deserve.
Proverbs 24:11-12

Heavenly Father I pray that you will bless those who have been tirelessly standing in the gap for life. I ask that you renew their strength, refresh and restore them. I pray that they will not be weary of well doing. I ask Lord that you forgive those of us who have not responded to your call to stand for life. I ask Lord that you will direct those of us who do not know what it is that we are to do to protect life. Lead us Lord in the way that we are to go. I pray that we would be yielded to you and your purpose. Help us to be part of your plan. I pray Father God for your zeal for life will be present in our hearts and minds. I ask that your Holy Spirit will lead us in all truth and wisdom concerning abortion. I ask Lord Jesus that you will unite the body of Christ to stand for life. Help us dear Lord to confess, repent and get on with doing the Fathers will. I ask all this in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior

No comments:

Post a Comment